Maintaining the Beckman Access 2: A Step-by-Step Guide (2023) 🛠️
Hello, readers! 👋 Today, we're going to explore the maintenance process for the Beckman Access 2 machine, an essential tool for amino assays. Let's get started!
Step 1: Accessing Maintenance Review 🖥️
The first step in your maintenance routine is to check the machine's status.
- Click on the 'Menu' and select 'Maintenance Review'.
- Make sure everything is within range, including the incubator, wash carousel, and fluidic module.
Step 2: Checking the Fluidic Module 💧
The fluidic module, or the bottles, should be checked for any leaks. As long as there are no leakages, you're good to go!
Step 3: Cleaning the Wash Carousel Probes 🧹
Next, it's time to clean the wash carousel probes.
- Open the wash carousel to access the probes.
- Use an alcohol wipe to clean the probes. You can pull them out for a deeper clean if necessary.
Step 4: Priming the Substrate 🔄
To prime the substrate:
- Click on 'Menu', then 'Diagnostics', and finally 'Prime Fluidics'.
- Select 'Substrate' and click 'Start Priming'.
Step 5: Running the Daily System Clean 🧼
To run the daily system clean:
- Click on 'Sample Manager'.
- Scan a rack and load it into the machine.
- Go to 'F4' and click on 'Maintenance Request'.
- Select 'Daily Clean' and click 'OK'.
You can also select 'Special Clean' for a more thorough clean, or 'No Clean' if no cleaning is necessary.
Step 6: Loading the Rack and Running the System Check 🏁
Finally, load the rack with the necessary cups and solutions, then run the system check.
- Load the rack with the necessary cups and solutions.
- Click 'Load the Rack'.
- Once the rack is loaded, click 'Run'.
And that's it! You're now a master of maintaining the Beckman Access 2 machine. Remember, the more you explore and learn about the machine, the more efficiently you can use it. Happy labbing! 🥼