- Nylon microfiber swab
- ABS handle
- Molded break point to eliminate contamination
- Convenient for sanitation verification
- Overall length: 152mm (5.98")
- Handle length: 130mm (5.12")
- Handle diameter: 1.2mm (0.047”) tapered to 0.92mm (0.036”)
- Tip length: 20.2mm (0.795”)
- Tip diameter: 2.8mm (0.110”)
- Break point: 80mm (3.15")
- Sterilized by Gamma Irradiation
- FDA approved
- Manufactured in ISO certified facility
- DNase, RNase-free and certified non-pyrogenic
- Quantity of 100 swabs per unit
What are Flocked Swabs?
Flocked swabs are made of a solid molded plastic applicator shaft and a tip. The tip of the applicator is coated with short nylon microfiber in a perpendicular arrangement. This arrangement results from a process called flocking, where the fibers are sprayed onto the tip of the swab, while it is held in an electrostatic field. The process creates a highly absorbent and thin layer with an open structure.
Advantages of Flocked Swabs:
Traditionally, compact fibers (cotton, polyester, and rayon) are used to make swab tips. The fibers are compressed and shaped into the desired tip shape.
However, it's estimated that only 10-15% of the samples collected on traditional spun fiber swabs are recovered from cultures. The nature of spun fiber inevitably leads to entrapment of the specimen. When it comes to particularly small samples, this could result in losing all usable specimens.
The ideal sampling swab must be able to absorb and release the sample, whilst maintaining viability. Compared to the collection ability of traditional swabs, Filtrous flocked swabs collect and maintain more specimens, and then releases it quicker and more completely than its traditional counterparts. This is especially crucial with small or elusive specimens.
Within 5 minutes without heat, the virus becomes inactive. This prevents secondary transmission of infection.
Prevents RNA degradation thereby drastically reducing false positives.
Simple collection as all necessary items are provided in the kit.
Flocked swab heads are scored and easily disassembled.
Room temperature storage and transportation – no ice necessary. Suitable for most RNA kits on the market. Wide range of applications: nasal samples, saliva, Cells, stool, serum (plasma), urine.
This solution is used for in vitro diagnosis, not for internal or external use in humans or animals. It can cause serious injury if swallowed. If the product comes in contact with eyes, rinse with water.
- Proper ventilation should be maintained during use.
- This product is red or transparent. Do not use if the color turns yellow.