Filtrous swab securely holds a swab in a standing microcentrifuge tube, creating a sterile and safe environment to accommodate different arrays of collection devices. Our injection molded cap ensures a precision fit and eliminates adhesives that might interfere with the sample. When finished, simply insert the swab back to the tube and cap tightly for delivery to the lab. Ideal for microbiological examination for pharmaceutical, medical, and food and beverage industries.
- Nylon microfiber swab
- ABS handle
- Molded break point to eliminate contamination
- Convenient for sanitation verification
- Overall length: 150mm (5.91")
- Handle length: 132mm (5.19")
- Handle diameter: 1.56mm (0.061”)
- Tip length: 18mm (0.71”)
- Tip diameter: 4mm (0.16”)
- Breakpoint: 75mm (2.95")
- FDA approved
- Manufactured in ISO certified facility
- DNase, Rnase-free and certified non-pyrogenic
- Quantity of 100 per pack
What are Flocked Swabs?
Flocked swabs are made of a solid molded plastic applicator shaft and a tip. The tip of the applicator is coated with short nylon microfiber in a perpendicular arrangement. This arrangement results from a process called flocking, where the fibers are sprayed onto the tip of the swab, while it is held in an electrostatic field. The process creates a highly absorbent and thin layer with an open structure.
Advantages of Flocked Swabs:
Traditionally, compact fibers (cotton, polyester, and rayon) are used to make swab tips. The fibers are compressed and shaped into the desired tip shape.
However, it's estimated that only 10-15% of the samples collected on traditional spun fiber swabs are recovered from cultures. The nature of spun fiber inevitably leads to entrapment of the specimen. When it comes to particularly small samples, this could result in losing all usable specimens.
The ideal sampling swab must be able to absorb and release the sample, whilst maintaining viability. Compared to the collection ability of traditional swabs, Filtrous flocked swabs collect and maintain more specimens, and then releases it quicker and more completely than its traditional counterparts. This is especially crucial with small or elusive specimens.
- This solution is used for in vitro diagnosis, not for internal or external use in humans or animals. It can cause serious injury if swallowed. If the product comes in contact with eyes, rinse with water.
- Proper ventilation should be maintained during use.
- This product is red or transparent. Do not use if the color turns yellow.